cult.fit (formerly known as cure.fit) is a health and fitness brand that provides a holistic fitness experience to consumers through online and offline channels. This includes workouts, mental wellness, healthcare, nutrition and medical care. It was one of the first in the country to offer e-fitness or tele-fitness services that took the internet world by storm amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Furthermore, it operates the cult.fit chain of gyms in 130+ locations. As of today, cult.fit holds a prominent position in the fitness industry. In FY22, the brand managed to grow its revenue by more than 34% to Rs 216 crore.
The pandemic had caused several restrictions for people who wished to step out of their houses and go to gyms or fitness centres. cult.fit had a chain of gyms and fitness centres across the country which were ready to open up but with no people to come in, it became a problem. The objectives thus became:
- Make people aware of cult-fit gyms and fitness centres in their vicinity
- Improve traffic and ranking for the Centre pages
- Optimize the existing content on the cult.fit website in order to rank higher in search engine results for relevant keywords related to fitness, gyms, and safety measures
- Build high-quality backlinks and improve user experience to attract more visitors and keep them engaged
cult.fit’s primary SEO challenge was to increase traffic and ranking for their centre pages, in order to improve awareness about their gym centers across the country. With restrictions on people going to gyms and fitness centres due to the pandemic, cult.fit needed to make sure that their centres were easily visible and accessible to people who are looking for fitness options near their homes.
To overcome the afore-mentioned challenges, cult.fit joined hands with Infidigit and developed an effective SEO strategy to improve their online visibility.
Phase One: The journey began with generating minuscule clicks with a limited number of gyms. Later on, Infidigit found opportunities to create centre listing pages and optimized them with the backing of cult.fit team. On Jan 21, functionality access was given to approximately 20 city-wise landing pages like ‘gyms in Bangalore’, ‘gyms in Mumbai’, ‘gyms in Delhi etc’.
Phase Two: On May 10th 2021, cult.fit team decided to change their domain from cure.fit to cult.fit which lead to a serious drop in the Domain Authority and the ranking of the website, causing a subsequent drop in the traffic on the entire website and especially on the gym centre pages.
Phase Three: Now that the newly created domain was extremely low on authority, the primary goal was to create a work structure to improve traffic in the center pages. For that, an analysis was performed and many gyms centers in the area level, such as gyms in BKC, gyms in Powai, gyms in Koramangala, etc. were identified. This required crucial SEO tasks to be performed:
- Content Structure on the Area level pages including relevant keywords
- Meta Title/Description Optimization
- Competition Research
- URL Structure Optimization
- Internal Linking
- Off-Page Activities
Here’s what was achieved after the entire strategy had been put into action:
- With this specific approach, it was observed that there was a 415% growth in daily clicks (Comparing Months Nov 20 to Mar 22) and the rankings improved exponentially.
- This strategy helped bring more traffic and witnessed an improvement of around 240% in daily clicks (Comparing November 2020 to March 2021 Pre-Migration ).
- GMB activity gave a further boost for increasing traffic on the local location. It helped to move one step ahead and allowed cult.fit to register on the Google business directory where all other important details of the gyms were in the picture. These include images, location, address, contact details, website address, opening time and customer details.
Pre Migration Data
Post Migration Data
Beauty & Fitness