ixigo is an AI-based online travel portal that helps you organize, book, and track your trips efficiently. The online travel portal helps users track real-time ticket pricing and check the availability of flights, trains, and buses. Launched in 2007, the company has raised over $72 million in funding over the period of several months.
The primary objective was to increase the number of keywords ranking in 1st position for ixigo via SEO in a period of four months. Apart from that, there were two more goals for the brand:
- Increase non-branded clicks by 10% during the first four months of engagement
- Increase organic sessions by 10% during the first four months of engagement
Given below are some of the challenges Infidigit faced while implementing the above strategies:
- Discrepancy between desktop and mobile website
- Improper and non-contextual internal linking
To counter these challenges, Infidigit laid out a carefully devised strategy that included three major points which were:
- Mobile Friendly Website
- Contextual Internal Linking
- Header, Title, and Meta Tag Optimization
Mobile Friendly Website
With Google rolling out the mobile-first indexing update at the time, Infidigit and ixigo decided to prioritize making the website mobile-friendly for both users and Googlebot. Infidigit recommended fixing a pivotal discrepancy between desktop and mobile versions, which helped the brand increase its mobile rankings and be better prepared as the update rolled out.
Contextual Internal Linking
For the best user experience and improved crawling of the relevant pages, Infidigit and ixigo worked towards implementing internal contextual linking on the main category pages. Apart from that, blog sections were also used for internal linking to increase the crawling and page authority of the targeted pages.
Header, Title and Meta Tag Optimization
Header tags were optimized to improve the ixigo website’s overall SEO performance. Title and meta descriptions were updated based on targeted primary and secondary keywords to improve the rankings. This further helped improve the non-branded clicks.
- In the first four months of engagement, combined efforts from the Infidigit and ixigo teams started showing results when keywords rankings on the #1 position improved by a whopping 133%. With this, the overall average ranking of the brand also increased by 20%.
- Due to constant support and technical implementation from the ixigo engineering team, Infidigit managed to increase the non-branded clicks by 20% on the website.
- Within three months, there was growth in the website’s organic sessions by 14%. Along with sessions, ixigo also observed an improvement in the number of visits, from both existing and new users.
Increase in keywords ranking on #1 position
Increase in Non-Branded Clicks
Increase in Organic Sessions