ProAlley is the newest brand addition under the umbrella of Aptech Ltd, which has over 30+ years of experience in Global Training & Education. As an online education & training platform, ProAlley offers exclusively designed Media & Entertainment courses crafted by experts in the industry, across genres – Animation, Graphic Design, Visual Effects, and Multimedia.
ProAlley wanted to create an organic presence and wanted to open their doors to relevant audiences, this created an opportunity for Infidigit to step in. ProAlley wished to establish a foothold on SERPs and grow demand for their courses.
- Improve the website’s overall SEO health
- Increase keyword coverage
- Improve visibility in terms of rankings
- Increase traffic to the website through non-brand organic clicks
This brought to attention the following challenges which needed to be converted into opportunities:
- Issues with Crawling: Major chunk of the on-page content present in the FAQ section of the website wasn’t being crawled. This hampered the visibility of the content in the SERPs
- Lack of consumable content: The website came with content but it wasn’t enough to make sense of the essence of the pages. Important webpages lacked keyword and intent rich content across the website
- Low visibility and authority in the target niche on SERPs: To bring more attention to the new product when relevant and competitive Google searches are made.
For a website so new, it was important to understand the pattern of discoverability, crawling and indexing of available content. An audit was conducted for the same.
Following the extensive audit, the team gathered new insights and developed a roadmap to remove impediments to better visibility and traffic to the website. This also gave a good idea of which areas needed improvement and how many pages needed to be worked on. The major issues identified were:
Many important pages across were orphan pages; website pages that are not linked to from any other page or section of your site. Orphan pages typically don’t rank well in SERPs or get much organic search traffic and Internal links are important for improving SEO rankings. To fix this:
- The ‘Top searches’ section was deployed, linking top keywords.
- Breadcrumbs were added to improve internal links and site navigation.
Addition of keyword-rich content to pages based on search intent using the E-A-T framework for each category of courses was done to tackle the issue of thin content
Apart from the homepage, the course pages were the only landing pages that ProAlley had. This led to them losing out on the chance to get visibility for comparatively higher search volume and particularly relevant search queries.
The team used extensive Content Gap analysis and Keywords research to understand search intent and identify common queries for the various niches that ProAlley serves. Following that, the Infidigit team provided critical keyword suggestions and content structures for all new page creation opportunities
Under-optimized on-page elements: Important landing pages on the website were under optimized in terms of the on-page SEO elements. The following actions were undertaken to ensure better visibility for the pages:
- Header tag optimization based on high search volume and intent-based keywords.
- Title and description customization based on focus keywords and search intent
At the end of the 6-month long campaign:
Improvement in keywords ranking on the first page
Increase in non-branded organic clicks
Conversions from the organic channel improved