cult.fit (formerly known as cure.fit) is a health and fitness brand that provides a holistic fitness experience to consumers through online and offline channels. This includes workouts, mental wellness, healthcare, nutrition and medical care. It was one of the first in the country to offer e-fitness or tele-fitness services that took the internet world by storm amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Furthermore, it operates the cult.fit chain of gyms in 130+ locations. As of today, cult.fit holds a prominent position in the fitness industry. In FY22, the brand managed to grow its revenue by more than 34% to Rs 216 crore.
The primary objective of cult.fit was to boost the traffic for their Google My Business Profile, but that was not all. In addition to the key objective, their secondary goals were aimed at:
- Improving the local search visibility
- Increasing the website visits
- Boosting the search impressions
With over 200 fitness centres spread across India, Cult.fit wanted to increase the inquiries and footfalls for these centres. With Google being the go-to point of research and discovery for Indians, cult.fit needed to capitalize on the effectiveness of Google-My-Business-Profiles to increase enquiries and conversions.
Once Infidigit identified what the major roadblocks were, a detailed strategy was created to help achieve the desired results. Given below are the three major points that were a crucial part of that strategy:
- Google Business Profile Listing Audit
- Optimizing Multiple GBP Listings
- Local Citation Building
Google Business Profile Listing Audit
Firstly, Infidigit audited the business profile thoroughly to identify any problems that needed to be fixed. After auditing the GBP profile (Google Business), Infidigit noticed the following concerns:
- Business category was not optimized
- Address & pin locations were missing or under-optimized
- Service areas were missing or under-optimized
- Some locations had incorrect opening hours
- Website URLs were not present, and some of them were incorrect
- Profile attributes were missing
- Photos & videos were missing for some profiles
- Not enough reviews for some centres
- Not utilizing the potential of a post
- Business description was under-optimized
Optimizing Multiple GBP Listings
Creating and claiming your Google Business Profile listing isn’t enough to appear in Google’s Local Map Pack. So, Infidigit improved listings visibility by doing the following activities:
- Added complete and accurate information for relevant categories like NAP (name, address, phone number).
- Added accurate address and location map pin.
- Added accurate service areas.
- Confirmed with cult.fit team and updated accurate opening hours for every centre
- Added relevant website URL for specific locations.
- Updated any data pertaining to user queries
- Uploaded high quality photos and video shared by the client.
- Made posts regarding various sales and events to give freshness to the listings
- Infidigit also suggested a strategy for collecting reviews across accounts, as reviews bring unique content and keywords that also help to rank GBP profiles higher in the map pack.
- On top of category selection, Infidigit also filled out the keyword-rich content to the business descriptions.
Local Citation Building
Citations are the foundational brand mentions that help an entity establish a fair recognition on Google. The more quality brand mentions that we can procure for a campaign, the better the brand’s online prominence, which is a major ranking factor for local SERPs.
Examples of local citations are sites that you’re probably already familiar with, such as Justdial, Sulekha, Yelp, and so on. These citations show Google that you are a real business, and build your authority in the eyes of Google users.
The four-step process consists of:
- Citation analysis
- Cleaning-up existing citations for NAP (Name, Address and Phone Number) consistency
- Discovering new citations opportunities
- Building new local citations
Infidigit built over 100+ citations for each location using high authority directories as well as niche directories within the fitness space.
After the successful implementation of the strategies mentioned above, Infidigit observed the following results on cult.fit’s Google My Business profile.
- Overall website visits had cumulatively increased by 551.23% for all locations within 9 months (May-21 to Feb-22)
- Overall search impressions had cumulatively increased by 208.51% for all locations within 9 months (May-21 to Feb-22)
Increase in Website Visit
Increase in Search Impressions