There’s some exciting news for individuals who use the Screaming Frog tool!
Screaming Frog, the industry leader in SEO website crawler software, has officially announced its latest version of SEO Spider, codenamed ‘Element 115’
The SEO Spider Version 12.0 includes features such as PageSpeed Insights integration and a new Autosave feature for the saving and rapid opening of database storage crawl.
Here are some of the most important features we are excited about after reading the official changelog of Version 12.0 posted by Screaming Frog:
1. PageSpeed Insights integration
The new version of SEO Spider will now have a ‘PageSpeed’ tab which will give you additional insights on how you can further enhance your page speed.
The PageSpeed tab will also show you a list of around 75 metrics that you can leverage to diagnose and work upon elements that boost page speed.
For Page-level analysis, you can click on a URL in the list of crawled URLs, and the PageSpeed tab will populate a window that will display potential page speed improvement opportunities. It will also display details on each CSS/JS resource used on the page.
Screaming Frog has been able to achieve this by integrating the PSI API (Page Speed Insights API) into the SEO Spider Version 12.0 which extracts the Lighthouse Metrics and CrUX (Chrome User Experience Report) data.
2. Database Storage Crawl – Autosave and Rapid Opening
The Database Storage mode, which was introduced last year in Version 11.0, has further improvements in this version.
Now, you don’t have to individually save the Crawl data it will be auto-saved in the database and be accessible from the top-level menu.
Each of your crawls will be accessible from “File–>Crawls” in the Menu, which will show you a list of all your stored crawls.
This will further enhance the user experience as you won’t have to manually locate the database crawl file and load the SEO Spider files. But the new autosave feature will enable the rapid opening of these crawl files as the crawls will automatically be dedicated to the database.
- With Google giving more and more importance to page load time, the inclusion of the PageSpeed API in the SEO Spider tool is a great move by Screaming Frog.
- As page speed is an important metric, it is necessary for all of us to invest time in optimizing our website and striving to provide the best user experience.
- Screaming Frog’s SEO Spider Version 12.0 has many new features and the overall changes seem to be very polished and user-centric. And with the new PageSpeed Insights integration and Database Storage Crawl enhancements, it is a software worth your attention.
Subscribe to our blog to always stay ahead in the SEO game.
SEO Company in India | SEO Services in India | Pay Per Click Services | Major Google Algorithm Updates | What is Digital Marketing | Different Types of SEO | Is SEO Dead | Cloaking in SEO | What is Address Tool Search Console | September Core Algorithm Update |