In many ways, Google has made our lives simpler. From finding information about any topic, booking our flight tickets or playing games, Google always helps. In this article, we will discuss how Google helps us with Google Reverse Image Search and how it works on desktop and mobile devices.
What is Google Reverse Image Search?
Reverse Image Search is Google’s technology, wherein an individual can search for information via images on its SERPs. It shows the user what the image is about, possible related searches, web pages that include matching images and similar images across the web is. This can be easily done by just uploading images on Google SERP. In simple words, it is similar to your regular Google Search, the only difference is that here you use an image instead of text.
The Google Reverse Image Search can be helpful in the following scenarios:
- To trace the original source of any image
- Copyright violations check
- Finding details for any photo
Below given are the step-by-step instructions to perform a reverse image search on Google using your desktop or mobile device.
How to Do a Reverse Image Search on Desktop?
- Open Google in your browser (compatible with Safari, firefox and chrome) and go to the Images section or click here – https://images.google.com/
- Click on the Camera Icon to upload your Image
- Enter the URL for an image you’ve seen online, upload an image saved on your device or drag the image from another window to the search box.
- Click Search, and you will get the results. Explore the results that show the image you upload on top of the page along with some other suggestions. The results also show other sizes in which the uploaded photo is available to download.
How to Do a Reverse Image Search Using the Chrome App on a Mobile Device?
- Open Google Images in the Chrome App. If you are doing a reverse image search of any image that you have found on the internet, using the chrome app is easier than the other options.
- Select ‘image’ from the top navigation bar.
- Search for any image you are looking for, e.g. ‘Phone Wallpapers’ and tap your desired image from the list of results shown in the SERP.
- Once the image is opened, click and hold on the picture for a couple of seconds. Then select ‘Search Google for this Image’ and Google will show you the results that contain different sizes of the image and details about where else the image is located.
How to Do a Reverse Image Search on a browser?
- Open Google Images in Your Web Browser.
- Change the website settings to the desktop view as if you click images in the mobile view, you won’t be able to see the option to search for an image.
- Click on ‘image’ on the top right corner.
- Click on the camera icon to upload the photo or enter the URL for the image.
- Click the search icon and you will see the results showing websites with the same picture and other available images.
We believe this article has helped you understand what Google’s Reverse Image Search is and how you can do an image search via your desktop, mobile or browser. If you have queries regarding Google Reverse Image Search, do let us know in the comments section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Watch our blog for more news and updates on Digital Marketing.
SEO Company | Digital Marketing Services in India | SEO Services in India | Ecommerce SEO Company | SEO Audit Services | SEO Penalty Recovery Services | Best SEO Company in Bangalore | SEO Company in Delhi | Best SEO Company in Mumbai | SEO Agency in India | SEO Consultants in India | Local SEO Services | PPC Company in India | ASO Services in India | Conversion Rate Optimization Services | Link Building Services | Content Marketing Services | SEO Guide | Types of Digital Marketing | Google Ranking Factors