In many ways, Google has made our lives simpler. From finding information about any topic, booking our flight tickets or playing games, Google always helps. In this article, we will discuss what Google Reverse Image Search is and how it works on desktop and mobile devices.
What is Google Reverse Image Search?
Reverse Image Search is Google’s technology, wherein an individual can search for information via images on its SERPs. It shows the user what the image is about, possible related searches, web pages that include matching images and similar images across the web is. This can be easily done by just uploading images on Google SERP. Below given are the step-by-step instructions to perform a reverse image search on Google using your desktop or mobile device.
How to Do a Reverse Image Search on Desktop?
- Open Google in your browser and go to the Images section or click here – https://images.google.com/
- Click on the Camera Icon.
- Enter the URL for an image you’ve seen online, upload an image saved on your device or drag the image from another window to the search box.
- Click Search, and you will get the results.
How to Do a Reverse Image Search Using the Chrome App on a Mobile Device?
- Open Google Images in the Chrome App.
- Select ‘image’ from the top navigation bar.
- Search for a keyword, e.g. ‘Phone Wallpapers’ and tap your desired image.
- Once the image is opened, click and hold on the picture for a couple of seconds.
- Select ‘Search Google for this Image’ and Google will show you the results.
How to Do a Reverse Image Search on a browser?
- Open Google Images in Your Web Browser.
- Change the website settings to the desktop view.
- Click on ‘image’ on the top right corner.
- Click on the camera icon to upload the photo or enter the URL for the image.
- Click the search icon and you will see the results.
We believe this article has helped you understand what Google’s Reverse Image Search is and how you can do an image search via your desktop, mobile or browser. If you have queries regarding Google Reverse Image Search, do let us know in the comments section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Watch our blog for more news and updates on Digital Marketing.
SEO Company | SEO Services | Ecommerce SEO Services | Types of Digital Marketing | Types of SEO Explained | What is On Page SEO | Major Google Algorithm Updates | What is SEO | Sitelink Search Box Markup | September Broad Core Algorithm |