SEO tools aren’t just for tracking or conducting research on keywords. You can also gain valuable insights into your competitors, and gauge how fruitful your SEO efforts have been. Getting access to reliable, accurate, easy-to-use SEO tools will only make your SEO strategy stronger. With a combination of tools, you’ll be able to build a sound SEO strategy from the foundation.
Let us look at the top three SEO tools which can help you rank better on SERPs (search engine results pages):
SEMrush identifies SEO trends that occur within your industry niche. It helps you monitor your on-page SEO efforts and optimize your site for better lead generation. SEMrush pulls data to help you understand how you and your competitors are performing. The toolkits combine different reports that you can customize according to your preferences. You can even earn valuable backlinks with SEMrush as it identifies where you can get them from if you aren’t already earning them from authority sites.
5 Helpful Features of SEMRush Tool
- Tracking your current success – when you enter your domain name, you will see a general traffic overview. SEMRush traffic analytics show you the traffic you are receiving for both paid and organic channels. You can see if your rankings are improving or getting worse for target keywords.
- A better understanding of your competitors – SEMRush competitor analysis allows you to get a look at the keywords your competitors are getting traffic for on their blogs or other digital properties.
- Get better advertising opportunities – SEMRush looks at all the keywords you are ranking for, identifies companies that are paying for ads for these keywords and displays them in a chart.
- Identify new keyword opportunities – The SEMrush keyword tool is used for discovering new keyword ideas. Example: if you click on a keyword “bsc nursing”, relevant keywords will be displayed. This provides you with keywords with more variation and diversity.
- Site Audit – SEMRush is the right platform to check the health of a website. By using this tool, we can find on-site errors in:
- Internal and external linking
- Title and Meta Description and HTML tags
- ALT attributes for broken images
Screaming Frog :-
Screaming Frog is a small desktop application that crawls the website’s links and CSS images, gathers data and presents it to the owner of the site. The Screaming Frog SEO Spider has the ability to identify various SEO issues.
This tool is extremely robust. It can find bad redirects, meta tags, duplicate pages, missing metadata, Schema categories and a whole lot more. The collected data also includes server and link errors, URLs blocked by robots.txt, external and internal links and their status, page response time, page word count, canonicalization, images with URLs, etc.
Screaming Frog spider obeys the same directives as Googlebot, including the no-follow and no-index tags in robots.txt. However, you can give it unique directives using its own user agent, the “Screaming Frog SEO Spider”. This will help you control it more directly, and give it more access than Google gets.
5 Features of the Screaming Frog Tool
1. The list Mode is limited to 500 URLs without a license.
2. Auditing Redirects in a Migration – this feature allows you to upload your old URLs, crawl and follow any redirect chains until the target URL is reached and map them in a single report.
3. SERP Mode – you can switch to SERP mode to upload page titles and meta descriptions directly into the SEO Spider and calculate pixel widths.
4. XML Sitemap Auditing – You can save an XML sitemap and upload it in the list mode – Screaming Frog will then crawl the XML format natively.
AHREFS is the most popular digital marketing tool used for preparing audit reports. You can explore AHREFS backlink analysis, URLs ranking, competitor analysis, ahrefs content explorer and many more features. There might be situations where the backlinks acquired are no longer live. AHREFS backlink checker helps you make a comparison of such backlinks. It shows you two options: ‘Live Index’ shows all the backlinks that are currently present after crawling whereas ‘Fresh Index’ displays all new backlinks that were indexed after the previous crawl but are no longer live.
AHREFS keyword explorer and website ranking tool are commonly used features. AHREFS SEO tool provides a URL rating that guides a webmaster as to which URL is performing well and receiving more links both quantitatively and qualitatively. This helps improve website ranking in the search engine results.
5 Features of the AHREFS Tool
1. Find how your competitors are acquiring backlinks, then replicate their strategies – Ahrefs is one of the best in the backlink analytics department due to its massive link index. Enter any URL, and Ahrefs provides an in-depth report about the backlink profile. You can utilize these insights to create your own link building strategy and validate target keywords.
2. Explore content opportunities by looking at your competitor’s high-traffic pages – you can also find which of the competitor pages would be easy to outplay.
3. Get low competition keywords with high traffic and business potential
4. Guest blogging opportunities – enter a keyword into the Ahrefs content explorer, and it will fetch the domain results which have that keyword in their page content or title. If websites have the targeted keywords on their page, it means that they are relevant to your niche. Check for the ‘one article domain’ box, you will see only one article per domain in the results. Highlighted unlinked mentions will make sure you see sites that haven’t yet linked to you. You can further filter search results by adding a domain rating or published-on date filter.
5. Fix your broken backlinks to preserve link juice by following this path – Ahrefs > Site explorer > enter your site > best by links > add 404 filter
Follow these steps to identify broken pages on your site by the number of backlinks pointing to them. You can preserve the ‘link juice’ from these incoming links by restoring the broken pages or redirecting them to another relevant page on your site.
Get ahead in the world of digital marketing by subscribing to our blog.