It is a well-known fact that Google has a monopoly over search.We turn to Google for help with everything—from finding our favorite brands to seeking solutions for serious problems. However, some things might require extra effort to find.
For example, suppose you are looking for an object whose image you have but whose name you don’t know, it will be difficult to search by simply typing a phrase in the search bar. This is where the multisearch, or, Google search by image feature comes in handy.
What is Google multisearch?
Google multisearch is a Google app feature that allows you to carry out searches by typing keywords into the search box, and by simultaneously searching through an image. You can use the multisearch feature to ask any question about any object. In order to use this feature, you need to combine the image and the search query.
How does Google multisearch work?
Google photo search employs advanced artificial intelligence (AI) to comprehend your query and deliver the desired result. Google is attempting to advance this feature by deploying Multitask Unified Model (MUM) technology. When you search for an object, the AI refines the query based on color, brand, and so on to provide more precise results.
How to use Google Multisearch?
- On the bottom left in the Google app, touch the ‘Discover’ (Android) or ‘Home’ (iPhone).
- Next, near the Google search bar, touch the camera icon to launch the smartphone camera.
- You can now take a picture of the object you want to search for. If the image is saved in your phone’s gallery, click the icon placed next to the shutter tap to upload it.
- If the images match the menu at the bottom of the device screen, swipe up to navigate further and then click on the ‘Add to your search button’ at the top.
- Try to be descriptive. Add more details like color, brand, and so on, before searching again.
Lastly, your screen will display the results that include both the image and textual content that you searched for.
How is Google multisearch helpful?
Google multisearch can assist you by removing irrelevant results and providing more precise results. For example, if you want to buy a center table to match your sofa set, you can upload a photo of your sofa set and type ‘center table’ into the search box. The screen will show the best matching combination as well as information such as price, brand, and so on.
Google multisearch can help you search for any content in a variety of ways. It produces more relevant and precise results than ever before. However, multisearch is still in its early stages and requires significant advancement from Google. Also, it is unlikely to replace standard text searches anytime soon. From a marketing standpoint, however, Google photo search opens up a plethora of new possibilities.