What are WordPress Plugins?
WordPress plugins are a piece of software that adds new functionality to your WordPress website or extend an existing one on it. To install a WordPress plugin, simply download it from the admin section on your site or use an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client to do so. While some plugins are free, many are paid; both kinds are just as good and which ones you choose depends on your requirements. Other factors like when the plugin was last updated, if users are receiving timely technical help when needed, reviews and feedback about them, etc. also matter.
List of the Best SEO Plugins on WordPress
WordPress SEO plugins help monitor and better the SEO of your WP website. The following is a list of the top-performing WordPress SEO plugins to help boost the SEO of your site:
Yoast SEO is a powerful WordPress SEO plugin that helps make your site search-engine friendly. It has received more than 5 million downloads of both its free and premium versions. It not only improves your website’s SEO in all respects but also helps with technical optimization. While Yoast SEO can do your site a world of good, some of its most important features include:
- Meta Title and Description Optimisation: Yoast SEO allows you to easily edit and upload Meta Titles and Descriptions in bulk.
- Robots.txt: Google spiders are either allowed or disallowed from crawling or indexing a page through the commands you include in your robots.txt file. You can quickly edit this using the Yoast SEO plugin.
- Sitemap: The XML sitemap is an important part of SEO. Yoast SEO automatically generates/edits sitemaps once new content is added to a page or a new page is added to your site. It also sends the updated sitemaps to Google and Bing. This helps your content get indexed faster in search results.
- Optimizing Keywords: You can also optimize for various relevant keywords, synonyms, and related keywords using this WordPress SEO plugin.
- Allows you to add Page Redirects easily: If the content of a page is moved to a different page, but you are still receiving traffic on the old one, you can redirect it to your new page instead.
- Allows you to add Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs help site visitors navigate your website with ease. They also help search engines understand how various pages are related or connected, i.e. they show the internal structure of your site. Keep breadcrumbs nice and simple so that they are easy for both visitors and bots to understand.
- Can hide specific posts/pages from search engine: With the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin, you can hide certain pages within your site from search engines. For e.g., let us say you are running a PPC campaign for a survey, and you create a page for the same – you would not want such a page do be indexed. That is when you select a ‘No-Index’ tag inside the WYSIWYG editor of the said post or page.
The Broken Link Checker is a WordPress plugin that checks for any broken links on your website. Its top features include:
- Monitoring links embedded in posts, pages, and comments.
- Identifying links that do not work, missing images, and redirects.
- Sending various important notifications via email or the dashboard.
- Stopping search engines from following broken links.
- It is highly configurable.
The All-in-One SEO Pack is an alternative to the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin. It is easy to use for beginners and has an advanced feature for API (Advanced Program Interface) developers. The All-in-One SEO Pack WordPress plugin’s major features include:
- Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) and Analytics Support
- A new schema.org structured data mark-up feature that helps Google better understand your pages and index them accordingly.
- Specifying advanced canonical URLs for your pages to avoid Google crawling and penalizing you for duplicate content.
- Optimizing your page titles for search engines
- Compatibility with many other WordPress SEO plugins
WordLift simply employs natural language processing and linked data publishing for automating structured data mark-up. It analyses articles and transforms text to machine-friendly content to enhance the audience engagement and boost the organic traffic of a website. The WordLift WordPress plugin provides additional support in the form of content recommendations. It also uses the power of Artificial Intelligence to assist publishers and content editors to produce richer content, grows their organic traffic, and engage with their audience.
The WP Rocket WordPress plugin is a speed-optimization plugin that helps you implement many different speed-boosting features on your WordPress site. A fast loading website not only provides a great user experience, but it also helps in nailing better search rankings.
The WP-Rocket is a cache plugin that helps improve the performance of a WordPress site. It creates a directory of the static file of your blog posts, and when a user accesses the post, it serves it directly from the cache folder, making it load way faster and reducing the load on the site server.
Here are a few of the best features of the WP Rocket:
- Caching for all the pages: Caching leads to faster load time, which helps to remarkably improve the SEO of your site. Page caching is turned on automatically every time you activate the WP Rocket.
- Browser Caching: Browser caching saves static content (JS, CSS, images, etc.) in your browser. This static content does not need to be reloaded even when a user goes to another page on your website.
- Removing query string from CSS and JS Files: Better your GT Metrix grade by eliminating query strings from CSS/JS files.
- CDN (content delivery network) integration: The WP Rocket allows you to seamlessly use most CDN (Content Delivery Network) services (such as MaxCDN) to ensure there is a little delay in HTTP requests.
Besides these, the Rel Nofollow Checkbox, SEO Framework, SEOPress, Rank Math and All in One Schema Rich Snippets are other efficient WordPress SEO plugins you can try out.
Do you think this post was helpful? We would love to hear from you in the comments section!
SEO Company in India | Digital Marketing Services | SEO Agency | SEO Audit Services | Google Penalty Recovery Services | What is SEO | What is On Page SEO | What is Digital Marketing | What is Technical SEO | Google Algorithm Updates | Google Reverse Image Search | What is Website Structure | SEO vs PPC | History of SEO | History of Google | Black Hat SEO Techniques | Types of Sitemap in SEO | Top SEO Tools | What is Schema Markup | Is SEO Dead